What is PurplePay
PurplePay is a digital financial service product (“The Platform”), developed by PURPLEDOT MEDIA. These Terms & Conditions apply to the grant of access to and use of the Platform by the User. By registering and using this app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Meaning of words:
‘We’, ‘Us’ and ‘Our’ means PurplePay Financial Services Ltd
‘User/you’ is anyone who opens a PurplePay Account.
‘App’ means the software we offer on compatible iOS and Android devices, with which you can transact on and otherwise access a PurplePay account.
‘Card’ means a virtual card or Debit Mastercard issued to you by us, that bears the Mastercard symbol, which is linked to an account and can be used to undertake payment transactions.
‘PurplePay account’ means a Personal account or wallet that exists on the PurplePay Platform or a stored value account (‘PurplePay Account’) in your name tied to your email and/or phone number when you register on the app.
‘Fees’ You may pay fees when you make transactions/transfers. You can also reach our call center for details.
‘Insufficient Funds’ If there are insufficient funds in a PurplePay account, we will not act on your Payment instruction.
‘Mobile number’ means the mobile phone number you have nominated to use on or with the device or devices you use to access the app.
‘PIN/Password/Passcode’ means the confidential personal identification number you select to identify yourself and to confirm Transactions on the application or conjunction with a card and to unlock the app from timeout or inactivity.
‘Prohibitions on Use’ You will not access or use your PurplePay account for an illegal, fraudulent, malicious or defamatory purpose
You will notify us immediately if you become aware of any unusual, suspicious or fraudulent activity in your PurplePay account.
‘Responsibility for merchant Payments’ You decide if you want to make or request a Payment. We do not guarantee the identity of any Participant or Merchant, and we are not responsible for any disputes you may have with such Participant or Merchant, including if that Participant or Merchant (i) does not credit you for a Payment for whatever reason, (ii) charges you fees or penalties, or (iii) does not supply goods or services purchased or the goods or services are not suitable.
‘Transaction’ means any loading of funds from a Funding Source to a PurplePay account, any offloading of funds from a PurplePay Account and any Payment.
How to contact us:
You can contact us through the more section on your app; or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we’ll connect with you:
We will primarily contact you in the same way you choose to reach us. On particular occasions where another means of contact is necessary, we’ll let you know beforehand.
Push notifications: we also send you instant notifications when you spend or receive money.
Emails, notifications and texts: We will send payment receipts, newsletter and other information relevant to you mainly via email, text messages or in-app notifications
Information we collect
When you sign up on PurplePay, we collect and retain your Name, Address, Bank details, location and legally identified gender.
On the application, you will be asked to generate: Username, Login PIN, transaction PIN, and security questions.
By accepting these terms, you agree to us using your information to make and receive payments on your account in furtherance of the service. If at any point, you’re no longer interested in us using your information, you are required to close your account by reaching out to us.
If we discover that the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, we will prompt you to complete or correct your information, if detect you have not still place the correct information, we reserve the right to suspend your PurplePay account until we can obtain and verify the correct information in order to protect you (user) and us.
By virtue of the collaboration with Providus Bank, PurplePay accounts and all deposit accounts of the same ownership with Providus Bank are combined and insured with NDIC.
A user is assigned one virtual account on the Platform to send, receive money and for transactions. To get a PurplePay account, you must be at least 18 years old and have an active, registered valid phone number.
We have compiled a list of things you need to do to help us keep your account safe:
- It is your sole responsibility to keep your account safe: Security Details, PIN and any part of your account security should not be shared with anybody else or carelessly stored or disclosed under any circumstance.
- If you leave your Electronic Access Device without logging out, write your PIN down in a public space or share your details with anybody, We will not be liable for any errors, or results that may come of it.
- We will use all reasonable efforts to keep the App and service safe at all times, and your security settings will help us narrow it further down. However, if these issues arise due to carelessness with any part of your app or account security, there is very little we can do and we will be relieved of any liability as regards the occurrence of a breach
- If you believe or reasonably suspect that there is a fraudulent act, we haven’t caught (which should be easy since you get all notifications) it is your duty to notify us immediately. We will then investigate and report back to you through the most secure channel you provide to us.
- You are required to change your security options if you believe any part of your security has been compromised.
- Where you notify us of your intention to change your password, PIN or security options, we will, with your approval, delete these details and allow you set up new ones.
- Upon your registration or approval of certain services, you give us permission to deduct any fees we have stated on the price list as the fixed fee for said service. If these fees change, you (the service user) will be notified in advance and given the option to opt out of this service.
Subject to any other provision of these terms and conditions, to the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for or in connection with:
- any loss or damage you suffer as a result of using your account;
- any delay or failure in processing a transaction on your behalf;
- any transaction which is processed by us on your behalf;
- any failure, malfunction, delay or error (for any reason) of any equipment, system or software (including, without limitation, the telephone, internet enabled device, software and telecommunications and ISP services you use to access an account or payment facility);
- any unavailability or failure of a payment facility to accept instructions from you;
- any unauthorized access to, or disclosure of information relating to, your account; or
- any other action taken or not taken in relation to your account.
The App, website and its contents are provided ‘as is’ without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. These warranties are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. Under no circumstances shall We be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from your use of, or inability to use, this platform or the services
You can cancel or close your account any time you want. If you’d like to, please contact us via email at email@example.com .Ensure you transfer or withdraw any available balance before closing because once you close the account, you won’t be able to access the account again.
We reserve the right to close your account or stop you using your card and app immediately and without notice in order to maintain security, if:
- You have breached the terms and conditions
- You give us false information at any time
- We suspect fraud or an attempt at fraud
- You have broken the law or attempt to break the law
- We receive notice of your mental incapacity, bankruptcy or death
If you do not operate your account for six (6) months, your account may be deemed dormant. You will be notified and given the option to make a transaction to re-activate the account or close the account.
When your account is closed
- All Direct Debit/subscription transactions that were set up on the PurplePay account will be terminated once your account is closed.
- We may cancel any card linked to the account and disable your access to other payment facilities linked to the account;
- You will be liable for any transactions that were not processed, or that occur, on the account (including, but not limited to, outstanding merchant purchases) at the time the account is closed;
- You must pay to us on demand all unpaid fees and charges prior to closing the account;
Complaints , feedback or suggestions
If you have a complaint, please contact us and we will fix the problem. You can also share your issues, feedback or suggestions to us via email, or our social media channels and we would respond as swiftly as possible. Feedback will be monitored to help improve how we serve you!
Making changes to this agreement
This agreement will always be available in the app and on our website.
We can make changes to it for any reason. If we make changes, we will notify you via our communication channels.
If you don’t agree to any of the changes, you can let us know and we’ll close your account and we’ll transfer any money in the account to another account of yours. If we don’t hear from you, we’ll assume that you’re happy with the changes we’ve made.